If you are losing sleep over your debt problems, you would probably agree that your debt problems are not going to go away by themselves. If you’re like most people that I see in a debt consultation, you want to get debt free, but more importantly you want to find a way to get ahead. However, you can’t get ahead until you first get out of debt. When a consumer decides to file bankruptcy, their decision should always come after diligent research and after consulting with a qualified San Antonio bankruptcy lawyer.
While bankruptcy is not ideal for everyone, for some debtors bankruptcy is the most logical and reasonable option they have available. Before taking the plunge, you will want to carefully weigh how filing for bankruptcy will affect your current debt-load, your debt-to-income ratio, and your financial health. After reviewing the facts, you might be pleasantly surprised to find that bankruptcy may offer you the second chance at making a financial fresh start that you’re searching for.
If you need bankruptcy, here are some of the benefits:
- Stops creditor harassment. Filing bankruptcy immediately stops creditors from harassing you.
- Eliminates or consolidates debts. Debts like credit cards, medical bills and personal loans are either eliminated in a Chapter 7 or consolidated in a Chapter 13. If you “cooperate & graduate,” then you are free of those debts when you complete your case.
- Protection from lawsuits. Filing bankruptcy immediately stops a current lawsuit. Even if a judgment has already been obtained by a creditor in a previous lawsuit, in most cases that judgment is void when the bankruptcy is successfully concluded.
- Stops foreclosures, repossession, garnishment. Filing bankruptcy will immediately stop foreclosure of your house, repossession of your car, or the garnishment of a bank account.”
- Protects your security clearance. Bankruptcy will protect your security clearance. I have lots of clients in the military or that work in other parts of the government who had to file bankruptcy to save their security clearance.
- You get your life back. Debt problems will damage your home life and affect your marriage. With the source of the problem removed, you can stop arguing about debt problems and get your life back.
I have helped many individuals and families through this process, and you can be sure that I will put this experience to work for you in your case.
At my firm, we care about you and your circumstances!
I have seen the effects of severe debt loads and have helped many residents of San Antonio, Texas through this process in the past. If you are experiencing serious constraints, threats to foreclose, or constant calls from collection agencies, then you may need to consider bankruptcy as an option. It is true that there are disadvantages to this process, and it should only be used as a last resort; however, there are many benefits to the process, so it should not be ruled out entirely. Let me work with you to help you determine the best course of action for your future.
Contact my firm today for the representation you need.